Data Scientist in Herndon, VA
We are looking to hire a handful of data scientists for a small team that is working on an important, high-impact, big data program in the Intelligence Community.
Our ideal candidate has a firm grounding in data science and is a strong communicator, comfortable interacting with fellow data scientists, the customer, and analysts.
- Mastery of statistics, machine learning, algorithms, and advanced mathematics
- Hands-on software development skills in one of the following programming languages Java, Scala, Python, R, SQL, or similar
- Firm grounding in data science / analytics - building and vetting complex data sets, performing statistical modeling, building strong data studies, experiments, models and visualizations, generating algorithms
- Experience with predictive modeling a plus
- Ability to design data processes, discover novel uses for data, vet data sources, discover “stories”
- Creative thinking, excellent analytic and research skills, sharp written and verbal communication
- Ability to act as bridge between data scientists and analysts